Here we'll cover the Hardware and Software specifications that are required to run Photo Booth Upload (PBU) as well as Photo Party Upload (PPU) and what computers we have used and recommend using with our products. Check them out below. Please Note PPU and PBU software are not compatible with Apple/iMac computers.
Photo Booth Upload (PBU) Software Requirements
- Photo Booth Upload Requires the use of a Canon DSLR, a webcam, and/or a slow motion camera.
- Photo Booth Upload must be used in conjunction with a Photo Party Upload account and upload fees apply. Onsite uploading of photos taken with Photo Booth Upload must be done with Photo Party Upload.
- The minimum required computer specs for Photo Booth Upload are an Intel Pentium G860 @ 3 GHz with 4 GB RAM and at least Windows 7 x32.
- Recommended computer specs for are Intel Core i7 @ 3 GHz with 8 GB RAM and Windows 10 x64.
- Licenses can only be used on one computer and cannot be refunded. Licenses can be transferred to another computer up to 3 times.
Photo Booth PC Specs
- White PPS units have a custom all in one Shuttle X70s PC: Intel G860 at 2.7 or 3.1 GHz with 4 GB of RAM and a 64 GB SSD... Shipped with either Windows 7 or Windows 8. You can upgrade the CPU to an i7 3770S.
- Black Units have a custom built Shuttle DS61 with an i7 4770 3.1 GHz, 4 GB of RAM, and a 120 GB SSD. Shipped with either Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Later Black models have a custom built Shuttle DS81 with an i7 4790K 4.0 GHz, 4GB of RAM, and a 120 GB SSD. Shipped with Windows 8.1.
- Early INFINITEs have a custom built Shuttle DS81 with an i7 4790K 4.0 GHz, 4 GB of RAM, 120 GB SSD, and ship with Windows 10.
- Newer INFINITEs and VENTUREs (Up to January 2018) have a custom built Shuttle DH170 with an i7 6700 3.4 GHz, 8 GB of RAM (upgradable to 16 GB), 120 GB SSD (upgradable to any size on request) and ship with Windows 10.
- Current INFINITEs and VENTUREs (Starting with INFINITE #1284 and VENTURE #300041) have a custom built Shuttle DH270 with an i5 7500 3.8 GHz, 8 GB of RAM (upgradable to an i7 7700 4.2 GHz 16 GB), 120 GB SSD (upgradable to any size on request) and ship with Windows 10.
We only support iPad and Windows Tablets (Windows RT tablets are not supported). We recommend using a Windows 10 tablet with at least 4 GB of RAM. If you choose to use an iPad, use a model newer than the 4th generation. Older iPads can experience connectivity issues and are no longer supported by our software or Apple.
Windows specs to run PPU Kiosk:
- CPU: Intel Atom Z-8500 or AMD A4-7210 APU
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 32 GB
- Display: 720p
- CPU: Intel 6th Generation Core i5 or AMD A8- 6410 APU
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB
- Display: 1080p
iPads running PPU Kiosk
- Apple iPad Generation 4 (A6X SoC)
- Apple iPad Air (A7 SoC)