Where can I find information about Videos?
Please visit the Video Solutions section of our site.
What size does the overlay file have to be?
- We do not recommend using the H264 codec with .MOV, .MP4 or .AVI, as we've seen it produce videos with pink artifacts.
MP3 or WAV will both work as audio track, but. WAV processing may be slower due to larger file size and higher access to hard drive.
Background, Overlay, and Audio Formats
- Any video background format will work as long as the codec pack is installed. (INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL CODECS HERE) Otherwise, WMV is recommended.
- Image backgrounds and overlays are typically jpg and png with transparency, at 1800x1200.
- MP3 or WAV will both work as audio tracks, but WAV processing may be slower due to larger file sizes.
See a black frame in my Intro and/or Outro video?
If the intro and/or outro videos are h264 and you're getting a black frame, try to reencode them to wmv.
The slow motion camera is recording but processed video is not slowed...
This may be caused by a number of reasons but first check that your Slow Motion Action Camera (Point Grey Flea 3) is plugged into a USB 3.0 port rather than a USB 2.0 Port. You can generally distinguish the two ports by a blue piece inside the 3.0 ports, and a regular black inside the 2.0. If this does not fix the issue, check that your slow motion video recording duration is not too long (Best results with 5 seconds or below).
Error after shooting video: There was an error downloading video, please try again
If you get the Error message: "There was an error downloading video, please try again." in Photo Booth Upload (PBU) after shooting a video, the most common reason is that your DSLR does not have a usable SD card with available space inserted.
If this does not fix the error. Check that there is available space on your computers hard drive. Restart Photo Booth Upload and try restarting your computer as well.
If you are shooting a Slow Motion Video with your Photo Booth Slow Motion Camera- be sure to check the settings of your video. It may be too large for your PBU Processor to handle. We suggest Video settings of:
-.WMV Video Format at 720p (Original Size may be too large for the computer to handle)
- Less than 5 seconds recording if you're slowing your video down any more than 50%
- Slow Motion Camera Setting of 960x720 @ 120fps.
Pink Pixellation in videos
The H264 Codec can sometimes cause a pink, pixellated distortion in videos and morphs when saving in .MP4 format. We have found that switching to .WMV remedies this.